Laser-Assisted Liposuction (Smartlipo®) and Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL) are the most modern and state-of-the-art solutions for the treatment of local fat and cellulite. The main difference between these liposuction procedures is the means by which they destroy the fat. Both procedures ultimately suction the fat out from the body through a cannula. They have uniquely remarkable results and respond to any kind of localized accumulation of fat or cellulite.
HOW IS THE LIPOSUCTION WITH SMARTLIPO OPERATED?
Very small incisions (1-2 mm at most) and in spots that are not easily noticed by those around us. The surgeon then injects the local anesthesia subcutaneously, in the area of the adipose tissue, using a specialized infiltration cannula to achieve complete anesthesia (numbness) on the treated areas. Our local anesthesia method is the most modern and effective one, always in favor of the patient’s lack of discomfort (xylocaine and adrenaline dissolved in saline// Klein's solution). Afterwards, the optical fiber is inserted through the incision to initiate the lipolysis process and fat liquefaction. By applying the right amount of energy (Joule), we can achieve a significant increase in temperature which leads to the destruction of the fat cell membranes and their liquefaction. At the same time, the Laser performs the hemostasis.
WHAT CAN WE ACHIEVE WITH THE LASER AND LIPOLYSIS PROCEDURE?
1. Liquefy the subcutaneous fat tissue and then dispose of it.
2. Eliminate fat depots.
3. The Laser stimulates the secretion of collagen and elastin resulting in simultaneous skin tightening of the body area we work with.
4. The Laser eliminates the fibrous areas and the septa bands of the area, which are responsible for the existence of cellulite and the so-called “orange peel” effect.
5. These remarkable achievements make Laser liposuction unique. What comes next is the pre-tunneling technique with the use of a special basket cannula and then the power-assisted suction and disposal of liquefied subcutaneous fat tissue, without injuring the underlying tissues, in a negative pressure device. The amount of fat excreted is about 70% to 80% of the total, while the remaining 20% to 30% is absorbed and excreted by the body’s physiological mechanisms. Before the end of the surgical procedure, an equalization technique is used to achieve evenness in the result. Lastly, the surgeon takes care of the small incisions and massages the area. The patient will then have to wear a compression garment(elastic corset) for a small period of time and will soon return to his/her everyday life without any limitations.
WHY SHOULD YOU CHOOSE SMARTLIPO LIPOSUCTION?
The benefits of this method are plenty and are recapped below:
1. Use of local anesthesia taking place in-clinic
2. Shorter recovery time
3. Immediate return to everyday life
4. No tissue damage and traumas – taking care of surrounding tissues
5. Treatment of difficult and demanding cases (double jaw, calves, reoperations)
6. No marks and scars – Incisions of mm. without stitching
7. Simultaneous tightening of area thanks to Laser application (stimulation of collagen and elastin secretion)8. Impressive results at combating cellulite (improving the texture of the area). The result of Laser-Assisted Liposuction (SmartLipo) can be further perfected, making the end result even greater with an immediate or later placement of either PDO threads in a grid form or COG suspension threads of polylactic acid that cause an immediate lifting effect. What’s more, it can be combined with the application of liposuction or anti-cellulite cocktails, making the end result unique. This is a completely safe method, which contributes to achieving excellent and impressive results in addressing problems of local fat and cellulite and is by far the most appropriate solution.
DR. THEMISTOKLIS GALANAKIS, CEO & FOUNDER OF SURGISHAPE MEDICAL CLINIC, INSTRUCTOR SURGERY OF G. BRITAIN & EXECUTIVE MEMBER OF LONDON LIPO INSTITUTE
Learn more210 99 11 800
BEFORE & AFTER
My visit to Surgishape Medical Clinic was a unique experience! I was actually helped with Laser liposuction and despite what I had heard the results were truly unique (and permanent).
A big thank you to the whole team who with their knowledge and experience helped me feel better about myself and my body!Maria K
I had struggled for quite some time with diets and exercise to lose some extra pounds, but in some areas I was not getting the desired result. Fortunately, an acquaintance of mine, who had visited Surgishape Medical Clinic, urged me to visit her as well to find a definitive solution to my problem. There, I was recommended by the specialized doctors of the clinic to undergo Smartlipo liposuction. For me it is now considered one of the best if not the best remedy for buns and in turn I am already recommending it to my circle! I have no signs of surgery and most importantly I had almost no pain after it!Konstantina D.
My experience was excellent. I was always worried about the result in case I did any treatment on my face. I didn't want to look too "frozen", nor to lose my expressiveness completely. I found the solution at Surgishape Medical Clinic. I was completely happy with the final result which looks completely natural. As my skin is sensitive, I had some small irritations in the area of the buttock, but they subsided within a few hours. I would like at this point to thank everyone for their care and interest.Argyro K.
Smartlipo is exactly what every woman is looking for after pregnancy I "dared" it after the 2 births that gave me my 2 wonderful children, but left the abdominal area sore and relaxed.
I trusted Surgishape Medical Clinic and my right choice was confirmed. I found my self-confidence again, now I am both a mother and a woman, they are two inviolable qualities that must go hand in hand. Thank you very much for everything!Stefania I.